1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

isolation module help...headlight related

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok i have a 2 prong problem on my 8' pro. It's BRAND NEW..but we have these 2 issues.F250

1 - my HID plug and play headlight kit in truck has no high beam, so the module sees no circuit there and makes my passenger head light intermediately strobe for some reason. I need to "trick" it into thinking i have high beams. I was thinking of a resistor equal to a high beam headlight on the factory high beam wire. That way it would see the load.

2 - I would very much like to have a toggle switch to turn on my truck headlights while plow heads are also on, my truck sits high enough so the HID would be a great compliment to the nitehawk lights.
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Simple solution, install a diode into the High beam circiut to feed to the HID when the high beam is on.

Add a second set of relays to the system instead of just a switch and when the switch is on you would have truck and plow lights and still feed into the plow circuit. PM for more info on this or email at jerre@jerres.com Been doing them like that here in Erie for the guys on the larger lots. THIS IS NOT DOT LEGAL for street use however so be ware and you MUST USE A LIGHTED SWITCH to help avoid potential legal issues just like aux back up lights.

3. Dissociative

can anyone explain to me why this is happing?. I am curious why the ISO is strobing the headlight if the high beam wires aren't used.
  4. Dissociative

Ok, update. I took the harness for my HID and found the unused highbeam wire. I attached a headlight to it and grounded it to the factory ground in the plug. Verified operation in high beams, and plow ISO still flickers passenger light. So it’s NOT that I don’t have a complete circuit. What if I had 2 blown high beam bulbs anyway? I took headlights out of ISO and HID works fine, so HID no trouble. I put one stock bulb in passenger side with ISO on and flicker goes away. Only thing I can think of is that HID drawing 10-15 amps is too high for ISO? I did not have to change stock headlamp fuse for this HID so I can’t see that being viable. It is weird because the ISO clicks as flickers and it’s just one side only. I think my next move would be to try HID run on its own relay fed from output of ISO and see if flicker is in both heads. But fed from what side? I liked having 2 separate feeds for my HID so if fuse blows I still have one light. I would have to run 2 relays to keep that, unnecessary IMO.

Anyone running ISO and truck HID’S HELP!!!!!!
  5. Dissociative

ok...just unplugging western harness from head;lights when not plowing until i get it figured out.