1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

isolation module conversion Pro's and Con's

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jo2fst4u, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

What does it take to do the isolation module conversion on my uni Mount system? What are the Pro's and Con's of doing this? Also what is needed? do they make a kit?

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I think it would take a lot. New headlights all the wiring harness and the isolation module itself. Just curious to but what are you trying to gain by switching it over.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I can't think of any reason to change over. The Iso mods are expensive, and you have to buy specific wiring harnesses. The wiring harnesses are excessively long, and small gauge wire. Both of these contribute to poorer (is that a word?) lighting performance.

If the Iso mod fails, you have to replace the entire unit. Right now you can keep a $15 relay in the glove box for a spare.