1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

isolation module bypass

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by powerjoke, Jan 17, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

after a while of messing with my fisher ez-v called a sponsor of this site(thanks PS) and they told me how to bypass the isolation module

so if you ever have or feel the need to run youre rig without it all you have to do is jump the red/white with the red/yellow and fisher recomends doing it with a relay on switched power.

if any one wants it i can post up the schematic
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Yes please do. Good to keep on hand. Thank
  3. powerjoke

how do i get a fax i have to show up on YOUR computer screen? i don't have a scanner but if you PM me youre fax number i'lll send it to you and you can post it if you want.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just remember your only bypassing the power input when you do do that...not a thing wrong with it, just wanted to make guys aware that it won't fix a lighting issue or anything pertaining to the lighting side of the Iso..

FYI: You can also connect the red/yellow directly to a keyed ignition source with an inline fuse to accomplish the same thing in a pinch.
  5. powerjoke

i was clearing out pm's and i deleted youre fax number WOODY367 can you send it to me again
  6. 04pathfinder

04pathfinder Junior Member
    from NJ

Sorry to revive an old thread but id like some help with the following issue
    I have a fisher homesteader that i will put on a 2011 Nissan Titan
    I was wondering if there is any way to bypass the isolation module so I can do away with all the wiring to the truck's headlights (isolation module is from a ford f150)
    What id like to do is be able to run the pump with the joystick and wire the plow lights directly through a switch to the battery.
    Im planing to manually turn them on when needed and just keep the running lights on on the truck
    My problem is that unless all the plugs are connected i dont get power to the pump motor or the joystick
    if i could get an idea on how to bypass the module i can wire up the plow lights without a problem
    your help is appreciated
    thank you and happy holidays
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or you could use the right parts and it will all work.
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Fisher designed the isolation module system to protect the vehicle's computer from the plow light and controls systems...there is a reason for it to be the way it is because it wasn't always that way.
    If you really want to tempt fate, look up the relay system wiring from the MM1 generation. Wiring diagrams for the iso systems are also free on Fisher's site- if you have the aptitude you can figure it out...but doing it the right way is safer, easier, and will cost you less in the long run. The cost of the correct wiring kit for your truck is less then the replacement cost of the computer in your truck...
  9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

PM box must be full again. Can't PM you
  10. 04pathfinder

from NJ

Im not sure why the plow lights or the plow "control systems" would have anything to to with the vehicles computer???
    I used a small relay and a switch to control the lights and as far as _what you're referring to_ as controls systems is another simple relay that allows the car battery through the remote control to switch the polarity on the plow control.
    it could also be done with a double double pole double throw switch and a lot of wires
    If you know something specific that I dont know please enlighten me.

@ basher
    the reason that im not using "all the right equipment" is because i dont want to run a thousand miles of useless wires and a huge control module just to be able to automatically turn on the plow lights. it makes sense to me that since im only using my plow for my personal property, i dont want to put on unnecessary and complicated electronics on my truck that could possibly fail. I also dont want to have a plow truck just to use it 5 times a year
    the way i did my system works for me, and its simple.
    thanks for your brilliant contribution

FYI If someone wants to know how this is done please pm me and ill be happy to draw you a diagram
  11. festerw

festerw Senior Member

The reason is most if not all newer trucks use a CANBUS electronic system in which all wiring goes through the vehicle computer and the addition of extra lights, wiring, relays, etc. can cause havoc with not only the lighting but other systems as well. I'm not saying it will in every case but is something to be aware of.
  12. 04pathfinder

from NJ

I appreciate your insight, it makes sense... ill keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary and post back if something goes wrong

Happy new year!