1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolated Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by magnatrac, Dec 6, 2009.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

We went from 0 to 60 inches of snow over the last few days. If mother nature won't bring it, we will just make it. :)

2009-12-04 16.36.02[1].jpg

2009-12-05 20.50.43[1].jpg

2009-12-05 10.09.04[1].jpg

2009-12-06 12.57.21[1].jpg

2. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Can I give you some addresses to go hit with that? payup

3. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Great thinking, I have some contracts here I'd like you to make look like that! Kids must have loved it.

Freddy

4. magnatrac

There is actually way more snow than it looks like. All the neighbor kids love it when the snow guns come out !!! My brother figures that in 25 hours we turned 28,000 gallons of water into the whilte stuff !!! It all came from a spring fed pond so there were no worrys of draining it. It is a bit of a head turner when people drive by :dizzy:

, shaun

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Some people have to much time on their hands :nod:. LOL
    How often do you make snow? I bet all the kids do love it. Was the equipment expensive?

Even think of shooting it at the neighbors driveway so they are stuck:laughing:...I would.

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Nice, are you on snowguns.com as well? I've got a similar gun, not as much output though.

7. magnatrac

Yeah the kids love the snow. My brother is a professional fire fighter so he only works 10 days a month. With no real snow and clean ups done there is plenty of time to make the snow ! He is involved with the great lakes burn camp and has made snow several times for their winter camp. The kids can always go sleding even when mother nature doen't help out! The most expensive part of that set being used are the pumps and air compressor. We us 2 hale fire fighting pumps one is 10hp and the other is 18 hp. There is a 1" water line feeding at 120psi. and that is matched with a 1" air line supplying120psi at 70 cfm. The air and water mixture can be adjuster depending on the humidity. I am on snowguns .com but haven't been there in along time. My brother is still active there.

, shaun

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Come down here and make me some snow, better yet blow it on my neighbors house by her front and back door hahaha :)

9. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

That would be so cool to have one of those. Your right, bored here with no plowable snow yet this year. If i had one of those, i would the the snow pile up in my driveway just so i could plow it!! Cool pix!!

10. magnatrac

Yeah funny what crazy things we come up with to kill time waiting on mother nature !!! I can honestly say I have never made snow just to plow it. It works the skid steer pretty good moving that stuff around. This man made stuff would give a truck a real work out !!!

, shaun

11. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yeah, I bet, heavy stuff!! Hopefully we will be pushing the real stuff mid week!!