1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ISO Sombody to Haul away snow. NW side Chicago

Discussion in 'Networking' started by d&r, Oct 26, 2015.

1. d&r

d&r Member

I have a customer that wants pricing on hauling away snow should the need arise, We do not have the equipment to haul or space dump snow. I am looking for somebody I can sub this out to if they request it. The properties are on the NW suburbs of Chicago (Elmhurst, Park Ridge. Lagrange). Any suggestions?? I will also consider snow melting if they have the equipment.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Melting cost big bucks. Figure 1000.00 per hour.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ price gouger.

"This video mentions that Snow Dragons cost about $300 per hour to operate"

ok that was a lowballer....

"OJ Rinehart, Interstate's president, said the machine costs about $800 an hour to operate. But that's about half the cost of paying $80 an hour for each of many dump trucks that would be needed to haul the stuff away.

"It would take about 20 dump trucks making two trips per hour to keep up with this," Rinehart said.

"So you're talking $1,600 per hour, not including disposal costs."

but then consider where they are, and some price gouging im sure...
    after all "MN nice" rules...
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. d&r

d&r Member

Maybe I should look into a Snowdragon for next season. Any suggestions on some that will haul snow out, not looking for a bid, looking for some ones flat rate pricing and to be able to charge my customer accordingly Like I mentioned I am not set up to haul snow. Contact me at dandrsnow@ameritech.net
  5. Joe7270

Joe7270 Junior Member

D&R, we are located in the O'Hare area. We have capabilities servicing the locations you mentioned. We have a fleet of semis and a snow melting machine available. Also have 3 local sites to dump snow.
    If you would like to talk give me a call 847-965-1160
  6. d&r

d&r Member

Thanks Joe!! I will give you a call.