1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ISO Newer Plow truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by d&r, Feb 21, 2013.

1. d&r

d&r Member

I am in search of a plow truck preferably 2010 or newer with plow and spreader. I already have approved financing, I HAD a deal on a 2011 GMC 2500hd with Plow and Spreader go bad, not sure why, but I am still looking. If you have something worth looking at shoot me a email with pics. dandrsnow@ameritech.net

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Not to go off subject but if I was you I would look for a newer truck that has never been plowed or salted with and find an end of season deal on a new plow or a gently used one from some guy who thought he was going to make it big plowing snow this year and realized it is not that easy. Ther are tons of guys fire selling one season old plows and salters on Craigslist. You have no idea how much abuse the truck you may buy with a plow on it has gone through in such a short amount of time. A lot easier to find a gently used truck turned in after a lease, but this my opinion. Good luck

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd definitely go never plowed...less wear on the truck when you get it. And has burkartsplow said, tons of one season plows out there cheap

4. d&r

d&r Member

Actually that is what I was looking at, 2011 GMC used 1 season, only used to push 2 times and a few salt runs, it was already set up with 8'6 western ultra mount and western tornado spreader. Had 18,900 miles with balance of factory warranty. The guy was selling due divorce, but I guess the soon to be ex-wife did not want any kind of "side deals" so she demanded that the truck be stripped and sold to a dealership..... The price we had agreed on was less than market value, even less than KBB for the truck alone. It would have been a really sweet package deal. The guy did mentioned to me that he would let me know when he took it to Carmax.