1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Iso-Mod removal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jmac5058, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Just traded in the old 3500 Chevy and went back to a 350 Powerstroke (2013) and Im wondering if removing the truck side electronics is something I could do myself or is best left to the plow pros.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could do it yourself. Not that hard. Only 3 connectors that may be spliced but its an easy job

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Removal is pretty straight foward,especially on that model,lots of room under the hood.As mentioned, there's only 3 or 4 (if DRL's are hooked up) splices to disconnect behind the headlights,everything else unplugs,cut some zip ties loose and uhook the red wire from your controll harness probably running to your fuse box.
    It will give you a pretty good idea of the workings of the harness system and save you a few bucks to boot.Some of the newer trucks can be a pain getting the headlights out to reach the turn/marker signals but you won't have any issues so go for it.

4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Thanks for the help , I think I can try that job .