1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isarnmatic Mark IIIa Upgrade

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tpratt, Oct 23, 2009.

1. tpratt

tpratt Junior Member

Is there an upgrade system for the Isarnmatic Mark IIIa that replaces the old plow mount motor and ram with just a ram? I understand that the motor (module) would mount inside, and give me new controls? Any thoughts
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

power unit

there are different unit's out there ,not cheap! here is one from northern hydraulics .

Haldex 12 Volt DC Snowplow Unit | Buy now for just $649.99!
    View More/Larger Images
    Share your own images
    Shop for Haldex
    Haldex 12 Volt DC Snowplow Unit

Reliable! Built-in cross-over relief valves set at 2500 PSI. Power up, gravity down. 4-way valve system makes unit ideal for power angle-type plow blade usage. Float position allows plow to contact road obstructions without damage. Fully assembled, complete with controller cord. 12-month warranty. Many more applications.

Overall Rating 4.667 out of 5 4.7 / 5
    Open Ratings Snapshot
    Rating Summary (6 reviews)
    5 stars
    4 stars
    3 stars
    2 stars
    1 star
    6 of 6 would recommend this product to a friend.
    See all reviews below Write a review Share this Product: Facebook Digg DelIcioUs Twitter MySpace

Only $649.99

Guaranteed Lowest Prices

Stock Status:
    In Stock*

Ship Weight:
    37.0 lbs

Calculate Shipping

Add to Wish List

Print Page

Email Product

Top Accessories

Product Manual

Contact Us
  3. tpratt

tpratt Junior Member

Thanks. I don't know what the psi rating is on this older pump. Any idea of the Haldex is quick, strong and reliable?
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

they have been around for awhile .:waving:
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Haldex, Monarch, Barnes and Fenner are all good units to put in place of a old Isamark pump.

I had several trucks that were Western hybrids that used all Western iron and Monarch pumps. I still have one of the pumps that was new in 88 and that was only rebuilt once in its life and its had a hard life.