1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isarmatic Mark III wont turn right.....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lukynskywyrd, Oct 19, 2010.

1. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

I put in a new solenoid, grounded the control box properly thanks to BB, put on new hoses and connectors as well. Up/ down is fine, angling left is good but angling right it seems like it is hung up, it only move an inch and stops. I disconnected the hoses to the right cylinder and was able to power it to the right but obviously it leaked fluid because the hoses were disconnected. So Im thinking the left cylinder is ok. The cable is adjusted as well as I can see from the diagram, The motor cycles fine when I move the controller left to right but the blade just wont budge. The repair manual I down loaded referenced a valve rebuild kit. Any thoughts before I throw a grenade at it!!!! Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very good chance your quick coupler is defective on the right side. Could be the male or female half so change them both.

3. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

Isarmatic wont turn right....

I checked the coupler assembly with it disconnected from the lower manifold. The cylinder collapsed and oil came out as it turned right so I believe the connector is good. The problem is oil wont go back in the manifold so my only option is to disassemble the 4 way valve as see if there is obstruction in it that is blocking the oil from going back in from the collapsing cylinder as oil is coming out into the extending cylinder, and it only happens when the blade is angled to the right.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're 100% absolutely positive the QC's are ok and before you tear into the unit, disconnect the angle cable at the pump, manually rotate the 4 way lever and then have an assistant work the controller to the right to run the pump and see if it angles to the right then. This rules out a control/cable issue.

If the QC's are good and the cables are correctly adjusted angle issues caused directly by the 4 way valve are rare. Usually only happens when one of the angle rams are shedding seal material.

5. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

Thanks, I will try that before I disassemble the valve.

6. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

thanks BB

I switched the QCs around and now it works as it should left to right. Actually better than before since I added the ground to the control box as well as a new solenoid. Im not sure why the QC didnt like the lower manifold port but I aint complainin...saved me alot of grief.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear it's working, thought it was a QC issue. ;) But save yourself the aggravation and downtime and replace them now as they're obviously defective.

8. mmpm03

mmpm03 Junior Member

Isarmatic Mark III-lowering problem

plowed good for few hours, then developed trouble lowering, will lower up and down but very slow. side to side seems to be ok.
    any suggestions would be appreciated.