1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isarmatic Mark III Leak, Won't Angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dt5150, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

i have an old (but new to me) western plow setup on my CJ7. the pump, an isarmatic mark III, is having some issues. it will raise and lower properly, but it won't angle. it tries to raise the blade when selecting left or right on the joystick. i have gone through the troubleshooting steps in here http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/13280_080193.pdf, but it still won't work. the check valve is also leaking fluid from inbetween the jam nut and the adjuster screw/bolt. reading the manual, it sounds like the o-ring may be blown out.

how difficult are these to replace/repair?

2. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

nobody has repaired one of these before?

3. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

Joy stick would be cable operated. Take off the cover plate to that cable that is leaking unhook the cable from your pivot arm unscrew your set screw and pull cable out of housing. The o-ring is at the end of the cable housing. Replace o-ring and re-assemble cable to pivot arm You will have to fine tune your cable adjustment. I t don't take much to adjust.

4. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

it's not leaking from there. it's leaking out the check vavle on the back of the housing.