1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isarmatic issue...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lukynskywyrd, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

Lately the pressure builds up in the angle hoses to the point where the rams wont collapse to turn left or right. The quick connects are hard to disconnect and I have to tap the ball inside the fitting to relieve the pressure...got a face full this am!!! I thought I might have had a leak somewhere that was pulling air into the system but it happens more frequently as the season progressed. Im not sure why the pressure is building to where the ball stays closed....both Q.C. are new this year as are the hoses....thanks.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a "cable", or "electric" unimount?

Have you try removing the QC and hooking up the pressure hoses directly to the rams??

It seems like the QC are not allowing the fluid to return back to the pump reservoir.

3. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

its a cable system...

and I will hook the hoses directly to the rams to test the Q.C. I should have done that for this storm because this time of year could be our last!