1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is your truck running hott

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by traviswalker007, Jan 7, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

He guys, any one interested in keeping there plow truck reuuning cooler..if interested let me now, these are univirsal fit and run about 240.00 plus shipping..

cool vent.jpg

2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

put on a 3' body lift,my truck runs ALOT cooler...an looks cooler:gunsfiring:

3. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

I have put these on my GMC's and chevy's and can now run the plow all the way up with out the temp running hot...there an awsome investment. I got tired of runing around at 45 miles an hour with the heater on high and the window down..lol

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

pretty nifty invention. Back about 15 years ago my dad used to make something just like that out of sheet metal for his gas trucks. Ever since going to a diesel we have never had any overheating issues.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

hmm I could potentially use something like that. My tranny temp starts to really climb after a while when having the plow on. I got another cooler sitting around I'm gonna put on and see if that helps, if not I'll give you a call.

6. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Me too... I have never ONCE had a problem with the truck's water temp overheating, just the tranny temp going up.

7. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

Thanks ,neat product.!!