1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is your Fisher Procaster belt driven or chain driven

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by farmboy52787, Dec 13, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Is your Fisher Procaster belt driven or chain driven? After looking at the parts manuals on the website I see the drive can be either belt or chain driven? Mine is belt driven and the other day i freighted my sander with salt and it caused the belt to slip and wear out, so i replaced the belt and i was able to get some out of it before it worked normal again. I think the chain drive would be better? Any input would be appreciated.
  2. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

With a chain driven you'd be replacing the motor instead of the belt. As soon as the chain stopped moving it would start to fry the motor. IMO the elec motor isn;t strong enough for a chain.
  3. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Its not an electric motor, its the ****** Tecumseh motor that i hate with a passion
  4. LON

LON Senior Member

The Fisher fix for any belt slippage issues on the Procaster is to go to the chain drive. Just did this for a customer.

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

We offer kits to go either way. The 95736 converts belt to chain and 95737 converts chain to belt. We give you the option as some prefer to have a belt slip if a chuck of frozen material gets caught in the bed chain. If your having slippage issues you can convert it to chain just be aware that if something gets jammed in the chain it might damage the bed chain.