1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Western coming out w/a Speedwing copy?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Dec 29, 2007.

GMSNOW Member

Now that Western has bought out Blizzard and they have come out with the Powerplow - has anyone heard if Western has plans to come out with a copy of Blizzards Speedwing plow?

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Western wideout
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

As far as a non-powered wing plow, I doubt it for a while. They have some bugs to work out in the Wideout/XLS first.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I'm sure they will eventually, but like Johnny said, they seem to have some bugs to work out on this design. Personally, I prefer the original design with more options, over the speedwing design. It would seem that there would be limitations with the "automatic" features - like being able to angle the plow while carrying a load to steer the load somewhere. If you angle it to a certain extent, then the wing would come in and part of the load would be dumped.