1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Ultramount the same on Fords?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DGODGR, Feb 1, 2012.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Will the Ultarmount (truck side) that I now have on my 2000 F350, PSD, 4x4 fit on my new 2012 F350 PSD 4x4?
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Sorry to say your going to need a new mount for your new truck.

:rolleyes: John....
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

wont fit ur mount only fits 99- 07
  4. 03sd

03sd Member

99 to early 04 they changed again late 04 is a different.
  5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you're going to have a fair amount of wiring differences too, depending on which style wiring you have (3port, 4port, or relay).
    and yes 99 to early 04 is one mount, late 04 is different, then changed again in 05, and again in 08.
  6. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Nope. 99-04 05-07
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Major wiring differences? The only thing I can see that will need to be changed is the headlight harness. All the other wiring will be fine, including the isolation module. And it doesn't matter if it is three or four port, either will work in the target truck.
  9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I didn't SAY major, I said a fair amount. you are right, if he has iso wiring already, he would need the harness or harnesses that go to the lights on the truck. that's about $150 for 3port, and $200 for 4port. Still a fair amount. However if he has relay wiring now, there IS no relay wiring for the H13 lights that all the newer trucks use, so he'll have to buy all the iso wiring for the truck for about $500 and then convert the plow by rewiring the lights and adding the harness to the coils, or replacing the lights and adding the harness to the coils. so that's another $200-350. So, in that case that would def make it a major amount.

Neal Redding, parts mgr, Truck Equipment Inc, Des Moines, IA
  10. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have an isolation module set-up. It does have a relay for pump motor activation but it has the 4 port isolation module. I was most concerned with spending the money for the truck side mounts. If I need a bunch of wiring for the new truck maybe it would be cheaper to buy a complete mounting kit.
  11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok, with 4 port isolation you would need part # 28242 and 28244 harnesses to plug into ports 3 & 4 for the H13 lights on your truck (assuming that's what this truck has).
    They should add up to $200 appox.
    You still need the different mount kit, and that's assuming the rest of your wiring is all still good and you just need the parts that are different.