1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is ti enough

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chasity2682, Sep 10, 2009.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I read the newbies sticky and it made me curious. I have been plowing for 2 years for a family member using a 02' 2500 HD GMC. He has a driveway about 250 feet long with a run in and a barnyard about the same but about 20 feet wide. I also did a couple of other small driveways. Is this a good enough start for experiance to start a small bussiness in plowing. What if the people don't want sand and salt am I still liable if someone slippes and falls.

2010 F350 V10
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Mick is correct....maybe, maybe not.

What you can do to be more on the "maybe not" side, put some sort of verbiage in your contract/agreement stating you highly recommend applying salt\ice melt on all surfaces that you clear. Have them sign off if they decline the chemical application(s).

This is one way to help cover your butt.
  4. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

I started with a case 1816c with a 44inch bucket doing Apt. complexes. If you do quailty work and have back ups if your truck goes down. I would go for it. TLCA is on the money have them sign a Work order or somthing saying they decline the application.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go for it.
    Insurance can be tricky
  6. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

thanks everyone always open to good advise