1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this worth it??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by durafish, Sep 5, 2012.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Well the guy can't spell. But I'd take $3800 cash and drive it home. I never pay asking price. 35k miles? Id find out why such low miles.

3. durafish

from 02919

yea i know the low mile makes me wonder but it looks clean has new brake lines it just needs a new back bumper. i figure the plow alone can fetch $2500 with wiring and mounts if i paint it. somewhere around $3800 mark would be a good deal. all it needs is a bumper $200???? and complete take apart and pain tof the plow which will be a good little project!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It takes only 5 mins to mount the plow....LMAO! Looks like a nice truck though

5. durafish

from 02919

yea im pretty sure its people who are selling cars so they just make BS add up that sounds good, like grey leather interior??? its and XL

6. durafish

from 02919

went to see the truck today all rotted. must have been plow only truck, the body is in like new condition along with the interior but the frame is gone.

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I guess they forgot to put that in the ad.

8. durafish

from 02919

Doesn't it always seem like that.....:realmad:

9. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Knowing the frame is bad could you get the truck cheap and part it out?

10. durafish

from 02919

Nope offered what it worth about $1500 w/o the plow and they walk away.

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I had the exact same experience.

Called two different guys about two different trucks. Both said the frames were "CLEAN, man !" Drove 3 hours on the one and 2.5 on the other. Both trucks had rotted out frames, and the one truck was so bad that it was completely unsafe to be underneath. The top of the c-channel frames were GONE !

Stupid bastards wasted my time. I guess I'm not alone....:realmad:

12. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

That's to bad, It was a nice looking truck in the pictures. offer him $1,500 six months from now when its still for sale.

13. durafish

from 02919

yes i know it people just cant tell the truth. I found a 2001 3500hd Chevy 6.5 diesel just cab and and frame im thinking about but ill need a dump or stake body and plow. I can get the truck for about 2200 low miles too!

14. bmales11

bmales11 Junior Member

was that the red f250 in cranston? couldn't see any pics because they deleted the post.

15. durafish

from 02919

yea. why, did you go look at it too?

16. bmales11

bmales11 Junior Member

Yea from what I saw it looked very clean aside from cab corners to be honest plow was only on it for 8 months and was a mm2. Didn't get to drive it though but definitely needed a bumper haha. Could have been wrong but did have surface rust underneath more in the rear than the front.

17. durafish

from 02919

yea underneath was almost gone. that particular plow may have only been on it for 8 months but it must have a sander and sat a lot. the plow was in bad shape for a mm2.

18. bmales11

bmales11 Junior Member

Yea plow definitely needed work front end looked decent compared to the back. I don't think he had it very long and didn't really give much info.

19. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

where was it in cranston?

20. bmales11

bmales11 Junior Member

Park ave, the guy spoke somewhat broken English or just didn't have much to say just walked out and started it and stood there