1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is This Worth $600

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cobraman, Nov 26, 2007.

1. cobraman

cobraman Member

Thinking about buying a Western 1000 spreader with wiring and controller that is supposed to be 3 years old and in good shape. Guy also has about 3/4 pallet of salt.

KINNCO Senior Member

whats the number my buddy need one!
  3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal. Let me go and check it out for you, Give me the guys number.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It looks like a decent deal, you have to watch the lower bearing on the spinner, if they didnt grease it often enough it will be junk. Nice thing is, its fairly simple to replace and the cost is only around $44.57 or to be exact,lol. I bought the Fisher model (same thing) at a garage sale for..........a whoppin' $300.00 and put a new lower bearing and new paint totaling 90 bucks.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

U just bought one identical to it (hope it wasn't that one) and paid $600, Mine works perfect and came complete with wiring and controller. No salt tho. You can download the owners manual from the Western site.
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Great Deal! New in stl cost you $1,550.00 with tax. I just bought a buyers because of this, paid $1,027.00 with tax.
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

yes....Can i have the number??:D:D:p