1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this unit junk?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mustangmike45, Oct 11, 2008.

1. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im not gonna comment on it too much as i think the owner of that item , is on this site,

he claims really good luck with that set up

i personally see a few things that i dont like , but thats me

3. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

they look to be good units

4. greencountry

greencountry Junior Member

I have the exact same unit and I will sell it for $1,200.00

5. greencountry

greencountry Junior Member

also I have more than 1 and they are brand new units

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

why are you selling them ?

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If you want to sell a bunch of them just build yourself a website and use pictures from the guys website that you bought them from. Thats what Metro did for a while

But i do think the unit will work fine as a starter unit. Not a whole lot that can go wrong!
    I think im going to look for something in the 10 gallons a min. so i can go a little faster

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

What? Are you on a "Bash Metro" kick? I had permission to use the pictures and descriptions. Wait until you see the pictures I post next season. My trucks plowing your jobs for free as a new business promotion!!! rofl

9. Superior L & L

from MI

Now thats funny :) You would have to do them for free to take them from me cos i do all my stuff for "next to nothing" Im lower than the low ballers !!!!!! LOL

Metro, Im not bashing you, i think i even said the equipement would work good in the right application. If i didnt need to do some bigger sites i would probably buy a couple.

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

These were meant to be geared toward smaller contractors that are not doing "mall" sized lots. It is meant to be an affordable unit to get guys to try liquids. If someone needs a bigger unit, there are many out there. This is basically a starter unit. I think 10 MPH in a parking lot is fast enough. Besides, I pretreat up to 12 hours before the storm, so all we have to do is plow afterwards.

11. Superior L & L

from MI

Out of the gate this season we will be treating about 20acres with liquid. Im excited to post our results and feed back. I may end up picking up one of these units just to spray sidewalks