1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this truck overpriced?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by buckwheat_la, Mar 7, 2010.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

2. GB350

GB350 Junior Member

I think 4000 would be a fair price maybe 4500 if it was a XLT with auto trans.

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

a 30 mpg F150?????? you better make sure your odometer is working right and that your math is correct....

4. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Hes in Canada maybe he meant Kilometers per gallon? Otherwise I want that engine.

5. buckwheat_la

Well when i owned my 4.9l, i used to get 27-30MPG on the hiway, no kidding. in my opinion the 4.9l is the best engine ford has ever produced.

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

You must be shutting it off and coasting downhill to get that kind of milage. I have had a few of them and they all got worse milage than a V8

7. buckwheat_la

i agree, i was going along the lines of $3000-$4000, i love the 4.9l and the standard transmission, but it has 260 000km on it so it is going to need a rebuild at some point

8. buckwheat_la

Seriously!!!, the worst engine i ever had for mileage was a 5.0l, i was lucky to get 10-15mpg, and if i really REALLY babied it i could pull 17mpg, that is as bad as my Chevy's with a 6.0l

9. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I would have to agree it is in amazing shape but at almost 300 000 KM and having no issues I would think that something is going to break real soon, not to mention how much bondo is in it? I have never seen a truck that is 14 years old with no rust on it unless it has been stored every winter. I would take it for a test drive and bring a magnet. still wouldn't pay more than $5000

10. GB350

GB350 Junior Member

You would be surprised in how many 13 to14 year old almost rust free f-series fords are out there. I have found and purchased 2 in the last 3 years. 97 and a 96.

rsz_1picture_011.jpg

11. larrylaverne

larrylaverne Member
    from ill.

driven ford trucks since 1972 (1994 1/2 ton now@150,000) i am also now looking for a replacement. Run your hand along upper inside 1/4's for body rot, these years are good for that. there just a little weak on the front end (b-joints etc) imo, only cause i work the living crap out of them.That truck is nice if u like stick (me auto)the miles aint bad, you should get at least 250,000miles or so without any major motor issues. my 87 f150 got 280.000 before it got totaled. ran perfect even though i ran a dry crankcase twice:laughing: offer the guy 4 thou.you'll probly get it. Never had any major issues with non of my ford 1/2 trucks.. mpg 27/30? best i could get on a 5.0 was 17 with cruise on(even between lights) no acceleration past 2k from stops. Coast into all stops.can't stand to drive that way though. check the lift kit for quality install.If the pic is the real deal i would take it.

all pics 013.jpg

12. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

They are very nice trucks but it depends on where you get them i guess. I live in souther Ontario and most of the 2003 F150's have more rust than those.

13. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

alberta truck...no salt...

30mpg...cant believe it...I had a 2wd 4.9l auto and it wouldn't get any better than 15mpg

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Truck is way overpriced IMO

15. buckwheat_la

i am only going by what i remember from about 10 yrs ago, so if i am buying this truck as a daily driver, i would be better off with one of my 6.0l chevs? (serious question)

16. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I had 375K+ on a 87 250 with the 300 i6. The thing would pull a house but would not get on the highway to save it's life. The truck still ran after a leaky injector and broken intake manifold. Never burned a drop of oil and I still kick myself for letting it go. I will find another one soon and pick it up!