1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this too big?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Oct 29, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

I purchased the 32 , 9ft poly and have a 2006 superduty crew diesel. originally i was going 29 8.6 but was told to go bigger with this truck, another dealer called with his late quote and i asked the price of this blade and he told me it was too big for my truck did i make a mistake ? its only 10 pounds heavier than the 8.6 ft
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

With the crew cab configuration you'll be glad you went with the 9 ft once you plow with it. :nod:
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Purchase envy:D:jester:

You'll be fine with the 9 foot blade, I pushed a 9'1" vee for years with a regular cab long bed, no issues
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the Sno-Way family.

We appreciate your business. :waving:
  5. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Thanks for the replies makes me happy to hear that. I just seen a old friend not a good one, thats why hes an old friend and he has 2 nothing nice to say about the snoways he has , I think hes worried im going to steal his business, lmao , It looks great to me and was simple enough to put on. now i just have to find a canadian dealer who has (((( fluid film ))))) hamilton ontario if any one knows anyone. thanks again
  6. schuitb

schuitb Member

Fluid Film

I found fluid film at Canadian Tire last year.. Was not cheap and not a very big can but I streched it out.. I was impressed with how well it coated the metal on the plow.. :gunsfiring: pumpkin:You could also try Rust Check (red or green cans)..