1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is This To Low?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by CAT 245ME, Nov 25, 2012.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Can you spell L--O--W--B--A--L--L--E--R????? Keeping your lawn ''ELEGANT'' --that's precious.:laughing:

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah its low. My guess is the 200 mark is where they feel they make money off the volume of work. Looks good for the home owner up front but I'm sure there's some tricky fine print you would have to navigate.

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The price for the season is $125, it doesn't say if taxes are included. Sales tax here is 13%, so if taxes are included in the price, then he is only making around $110 per drive before expenses. I figure on a normal town drive clearing the drive and walkway's, he would have to be spending at least 10 minutes per drive (I would think).

I just can't see even with a high number of drives where you could make much money at it. Why would you offer to do it at almost 1/4 the cost of every one else.

Almost all the time people charge rates like his, you wind up hearing about them on the 6 o'clock news from angry customers. You get what you pay for.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah or he's the guy who never shows up and runs off with peoples money like that woman up in buffalo last year.

6. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

yeah i heard about that, 75% down?!?! typically you get paid when the work is done. I wouldn't go for that.

during the first snowstorm, unless he has a fleet of hondas, he's going to be experiencing some serious downtime.

7. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

He even states that he is "CHEAP" not affordable or competitively priced.