1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this to early?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Quality SR, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I sent out my last invoices in the last week of March. I included new contracts for the 2007/2008 season. Do you think this is to early? I put that they must sign and return in 30 days.
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

no time like the present, as long as they don't have to pay anything now. I think that it is good for you for planning purposes.
  3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Nope, you did good. I had a customer ask why so early. I told him that I had to prepare for the following snow season. If they wanted out I had time for potential new customers. It works out good for all.
  4. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Nope I will had 1/2 my business signed by March 31st for next year and in fact at least 30% is in multi Year deals. I will be all but done by September 1. I do not like calls in November so I let the newest guy handle them..... We all know it is coming.... Why can't they plan ahead. The only objection you have to overcome is I need three quotes. I always mention I can do the quote why can't everyone. If they are too busy doing spring clean ups in the fall they will be doing fall clean ups not snow prep. If I can bid in December I can bid anytime.