1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IS This The END

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Could this be the end for my 1985 F-250, Well I have a big problem, the problem is that my truck had a on going exhast problem for a while. Today was the day to bring My truck up to the local high school and see if the could take care of it. Drop it off in the moring and the said it will be ready and waiting when you come back. So I go back when school gets out to get my truck. Go in to the auto shop and its no were to be found. It was out back so I went over to the truck hoped in and started right up but still loud as hell. Then I go back and ask the instructor whats going on and did you get to work on it today and he says that the dont even want to touch it. He told me that some one had welded the flang from the pipe to the manifold and therefore they could not fix it, And I said can you cut the old flang and bolts off and and put a new one in, He just said no the they will not work on it. So then I bring the truck to Speedy muffler and they said the same thing :cry: . And why would someone weld it up like that. I have one more place to try tomarrow Lou's Custom Exhast, I told him over the phone waht the problem it is how its welded up all crappy and such and he told me he would be able to handle it. And I really can't do the work myself because you have to have a lift to get to it :gunsfiring: And why in the :realmad: hell would some do this. So I can't get the truck fix what do you guys think I should do, It does have a 8 foot fisher and tool boxes. And the motor is a 5.8 351 windsor. THANKS

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

In the End someone will be able to fix it, It's just a matter of how much you want to spend on it. And even then it's cheaper then replacing a truck. Then again like our 85 chev which is in great shape, it's getting up there in age.

That custom exhaust shop you called, likely would be able to fix it, since thats what they do non standard exhausts.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It all depends on how much you want to spend as stated before. It will be a hefty chunk of changhe, but I would say that you have to do it as I doubt it will pass the visual and noise inspection like that. Lou's is a great place. I got my exhaust done there. They are a little pricey, but they do amazing work. They should be able to fix you up right. I went to the one in Waltham. I have a few questions about the F250: When did you buy it? Did you buy it in Attleboro, MA because I looked at an '85 down there that had the same problem.

4. Sharpshooter77

First Time Out- No I bought this truck from a guy Woburn, Murrays Towing is were my truck was. The truck was nice and quiet until the middle off august when I hit a pothole. I talked to Lou yesterday and he said that he could handle it. I told him how someone welded the flang from the pipe to the manifold, and said not a problem can do for 200$$ which I though was not a bad price :cool: , considering no one wants to touch it. I'm gonna bring it to the mystic vally park way one, right near 93. He told me that he has see this a thousand times on the older pick ups, now I make a thousand and 0ne times. :rolleyes:. I really can't give up on this truck just yet. there is no other problem with this truck and it looks good too. :salute: :D

5. DeereFarmer

$200 is a great price. You won't find any better. Well worth saving the truck. I think he'll give you a two year warranty as well, but that might only be on the custom exhausts. I'm glad you didn't buy the '85 I was looking at. The truck was really beat and I was hoping that nobody would buy it because it was just full of problems everwhere. Good luck!:waving:

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Look into some shorty headers. I bought my set for $100 bucks and a new exhaust was around 75 bucks (got a great deal)!

7. Sharpshooter77

I just picked up my F-250 and Lou is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I droped my truck off at 12:00 and he called me a 2:20 and he said that it was all done. He told me that it only took him an hour and a half. He did both sides of the manifold. And man is this truck sweetttttttt :bluebounc . And 200$$ I cant get over that price. I am going to go to Lous for every exhaust problem. When I was on my way home I was at a stop light and when the light turned green I punched the pedal and the tires were pealing out like no tomarrow, and followed by a nice length of rubber :cool: :gunsfiring:. I still can't get over how quite the truck is it was never this quite even when I first bought it. Thanks to Lou there is NO END in sight for this truck. So much more POWER to. Gotta love the people who know how to do something RIGHT.!!! THANKS

8. DeereFarmer

Glad to hear everything worked out!