1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this the correct replacement motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dneiding, Feb 23, 2011.

1. dneiding

dneiding Member

I have a cable operated Western plow and I need to replace the motor. I have found a few on eBay but they look slightly different. Not knowing how universal these parts are I am not sure if this is what I need. Here are two pictures of mine along with the one from eBay. Is this the correct replacement?

Thanks!!

Here is the one from ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here is my bad motor:

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

That will work

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

depends on the pump you have. pumps and motors are compatable in the same housing, but if you have the old style pump with a new style motor (or vis versa) it won't work. the picture you posted is the the new style motor - so buy a replacement new style. heres a pic of the old style so you can see the differences.

western old style.jpg

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The correct part number for your plow is 56133
    Have a look at this link to the parts poster item #17 http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/64681.06_091509_for_Web.pdf

This picture shows that you should have a "female" drive on the motor and the "male" on the pump. That means that your motor should NOT have a shaft sticking out. Your photo shows the correct gender but the casting that sticks out by the output looks odd and the casting on the side of the motor over the pole shoes is unusual too. Most of these Isarmatic motors are smooth on the outside of the motor. I would try to set it on and see if it sit down all the way, be carefull to line up the slot on the drive. If it doesn't go down all the way don't try to force it or it will break.

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I took it as the motor in the bottom pic is his old motor, if thats the case the motor he is showing on Ebay wull work.

6. dneiding

dneiding Member

Correct, the one pictured above is my old motor.

Thanks for the input guys!