1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this possible?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by foolforfords, Dec 31, 2012.

1. foolforfords

foolforfords Junior Member

is it possible ? i would like to take my boss v plow off my 92 ford 250 and use it on my 05 f 250.i know the plow rigging is different but would the plow it self work ?the boss is 8'2 and is in great shape.the truck however not so much.frame troubles and the front leaf springs are clapped out.so i need some awnsers would it be possible to use the plow ?i cant see spending the$6.000 for a new boss qoated this morning.any help would be appriciated thanks ..
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

It's possible but it probably cost you in the 2k range before your done.
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Nowhere near 2k - your wiring harness, plow and controller are all good. You need a mount designed for the 05, not un common at all and probably pretty easy to find used, assuming RTIII.

New mount price is like 750-1000.

You'll need headlight adapters also, those can't be that much 100-150.

Used 500 plus adapters.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just swapped a new truckside everything onto my 2012 from my 02 .installed was 1500.00
  5. foolforfords

does anyone know of any used mounts for my 05 the local boss dealer here said boss dosent make them anymore and finding used is hard to do . go figure!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would find another dealer.

Call BOSS tech direct and explain your problem. They will fix you up some how.

(800) 286-4155
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

youl'll need truckside accessories . clevis mount , wiring

1750.00 with controller (they wont separate the controller from wiring harness)
    package .http://www.bossplow.com/product-selector/truck-plow

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's perfectly do-able even if the plow is old enough to be RTll, as there were RTll mounts built for 99-07 Super Duty's. Problem is they're hard to find, especially used. But once that hurtle is tackled all you need is a set of headlamp adapters and you're good to go.
  9. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

eBay is a great place for plow parts.
  10. foolforfords

thanks guys ! happy snowy newyear