1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this plow worth the trouble???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lude1990, Nov 11, 2011.

1. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Consider the work it needs & age. You can find ones in working order under 2k , I don't know what is wrong with the center pin, if it is benthic could be a royal pain if it's bound up, if it's worn the the wings could be worn as well. Look it over very throughly & be aware of what you are getting into, it also depends on your capabilities & repair facilities.
  3. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Are you putting it on a Ford truck that the Truck mount will fit on? If not you will pay $ 250 min for a mount. Looks like the cutting edges are worn out they are almost $275 to replace that' s just to start. If you can do all the welding/ repair yourself than you know what your in for if you cant move on.
  4. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

I have a 84 f250 6.9 diesel to put it on it im debating on if i should wait or not to make the investment till next year. If I do go get it i wont offer him more then 5 or 600 bucks cause of the work involved.
  5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That thing sure does need alot of work......I'm not real sure if I'd take on the headache. Looks like its been beat worse than a red headed step child.
  6. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Looks like a summer job not a month before the season
  7. tank99_999

tank99_999 Junior Member

junk not worth it