1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this plow worth $2500

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by glow0885, Jan 29, 2009.

1. glow0885

glow0885 Junior Member

i am new to plowing and i plan on getting set up to do some next year. a guy is trying to sell me a 8'6" boss V plow for $2500. i looked at it yesterday but we got 13 inch of snow and it was setting out in it. i looks to be in good shape, hydraulic lines look good, there is some rust but just surface.it is 6 yrs old but has not been used a lot he used it at his house a few neighbors drives. i will have to buy a new hook up for my truck and not sure about the wireing for the lights and all both trucks are GMC but his is a 1997 and i have a 2008.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

First Boss's V's arent 8'6" they are 8'2". Just letting you know. Can you take pictures of it? I bought my 8'2" Poly V with mount, wiring, and handheld for $2500. I think mine is a 2004 or a 2005 model. If it is complete and it is a Boss it is a good deal.

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

The 8'2" Poly V-blade alone sells for about $4700 new with the SmartLock cylinders, so if it is in good shape, $2500 is a great price.
    You will need to purchase a new undercarriage for your truck (Part # LTA04767) for about $600, and a headlight adapter (Part # MSC04599) for about $41 along with a Turn signal relay kit (Part # MSC09991) for about $46 to complete your package. You can use his existing main wiring harness and control kit as they are universal. Installation is fairly easy for the new GM trucks and can be completed in a day...

4. glow0885

glow0885 Junior Member

i cant get a pic of it. it is about an hr away. i wasnt sure about the size i was just going off what he told me. but it is a steel plow. i am not sure if this is true but i was talking to a couple of people about it and they said that because it has been left outside and not used in 2 yrs there is a good chance that the moter or pump will be locked up. has anyone had any problems like this?

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Can he hook it up for you and see if it works? The motor should work. Might have to change the fluid or it could be low. See if he can hook it up and go by that. If all goes well and it looks good to you, then for $2500 buy it. The blade alone is worth that.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For an '08 GM truck....only if it's a 13 pin. Can't run an older 11 pin harness on an '08 truck as there's no light adapters to support it. Have to verify what it is (11 or 13) before ruling out an additional possible harness update to go along with the other needed components as an '02 model year plow could be either 11 or 13 pin. A harness update will add another $200 to your costs if deemed necessary...

7. glow0885

glow0885 Junior Member

i cant have him hook it up anytime soon. the plow is in Indiana and he moved out of state. if i end up getting it i will have him come up here and hook it up. how can i tell if it is a 11 pin or 13 pin is this the hook up for the lights? thanks for all of your guys help.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Count the pins in the bumper connector plug. It will have either 11 or 13 pins.

Also the 13 pin harness will have a bank of four relays that the 11 pin won't have.