1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this plow good for my atv?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by WayneSnow, Nov 27, 2009.

1. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would want to have a better look at where and how this is mounting to the quad and also what type of quad are you going to be puttting this on?

from the Pics and CC site you can't get a clear Idea of how and Where.

if you hit a curb and your up to speed something somewhere is gonna give. be it the trip springs on the plow or the Arm's of your quad.

also looks like you put this on and your making your front suppension rigid which means if you travel you'll notice the bumps alot more.

so I don't really know what to tell ya.

would need more info on the area your plowing and what type of ATV you'll have this on.

your doing your own drive that's it and you know where the curbs are to avoid and such.

or are you gonna be off around the area and plowing places that you don't know real well?

just my thoughts

sublime out.

3. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

4. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

page 8 - sorry

5. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

just bought it- guess im going to find out :)

6. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

wayne i bought the same thing 52 " poly, install was pretty easy yet to use though i'll probably use first im in upstate ny ill let u know

7. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i think what they are trying to do is make your front suspension rigid kind of like swishers application,

and there is no way i would put that on my honda, i think you will find out for yourselves though good luck and keep us posted

8. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

hammer - is it heavy enough where it will stay down while your plowing and not bounce up if you hit a packed down snow?

9. sublime68charge

Wayne and Hammer I hope you both have the best of luck with this type of plow.

Iplow, with the Swisher set up you have 2 different 1/2 length leaf spring that over lap each other each only have 1 eye bolt and then where they over lap there bolted to a center channel that runs under the quad to the rear hitch
    or My swisher set up is that way.
    got one of there systems this summer for the Bucket need to move some sand around.

from what I gather from the CC web sit is there's a bigger and smaller tube and the smaller tube run's inside the bigger tube so your front end can still flex for up/down.

what would worrry me is the Arms' taking the pushing pressure of plowing the snow.

The swisher system is suppose to apply all the pushing presser to the rear hitch and the A arms are just for the side to side and then when lifting also the A arms take the brunt of it again.

guess Wayne and Hammer will find out this winter.

Wayne did you look at the Moose RM3 system at all?

just my thought's.

sublime out.

10. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

I guess i will find out for my self. Got such a great deal on it might as well try it.

I looked at the RM3 and it is what I was looking for. But I found the A.R.M. first.

What is the price for the RM3?

11. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

blime, i hear yeah mybuddy had a swisher, nothing quick about hitching that up lol,

yea i would worry about the a arms toobut withluckthey put them on a honda, if the honda won't hold it there isnt a quad out there that will hhahahahahaha

12. sublime68charge

I have no Idea on the price of the RM3,

I just know that Many here will tell you the CC blade's are Good for Plowing snow but the Moose blades are Great.

though the Lightweight Ploy blades I have no information on or any thing to go by.

Cycle country does make lot's of good products though I have a CC push tube and ran that for a year on a Honda 300 4x4 , also I have one of there V blades fabbed up on my 84 Big Red for light duty snow's. and end of the year sidewalk machine when I can't fit my Foreman and 60" blade down any longer.

any way keep up posted as to how it performs and such.

can you put the CC down force kit on it to help with scraping action?

at least you got great quad for plowing snow with.

get some Pics posted up when you get everything set to go for winter.

sublime out.

13. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

I heard some good reviews on the poly so wanted to try it for myself.

haven't heard much about the downforce kit. How does it work? Does it do a good job?

Once I get my new plow, I will post pics right away.

14. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

your right about that one

15. sublime68charge

for the CC down force kit here
    http://www.cyclecountry.com/snow/down-force-kit

Works OK I know Reb from Wyoming has one and he say's it does OK. It will limit the amount of UP/Down you can due to the length of the Piston Rod.

nothing more than a gloried rear hatch door strut from the looks of it to me.

Though with your Poly and the ARM kit putting the down force kit on might limit your lifting height which is one of the nice things about the route you went.

time will always tell you. I only hope that you'll share what you learn with the rest of Us LOL

sublime out.

16. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

wayne,
    Not sure if the weight will be suficient I have not been fortunate to use yet, I can tell you the whole setup weighs only 93 lbs..... excluding winch and bracket. I'm going to use it in stock form the way CC made it first and adjust from there kinda like dropping mortar rounds. I still have a 5hp snowblower for backup. Mine is on a lighter vehicle to begin with a 2000 yamaha wolverine 350 4X4 5 spd so its getting some weight over the rear wheels to start. still working on fabrication on rack..... .;...... on install of winch I did have to relocate the oil cooler during the install which ended up requiring me to buy a new cooler as threads from hose fused w threads on cooler so i put more juice on it and snapped the cooler.....oh well i think yours was a newer vehicle hopefully you can avoid that

17. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

i already have my winch on, didnt have to make any modifications

I think like sublime said, probably going to have to use the downforce kit to add more weight

going to try the first storm as stock like you are. have my old plow for back up just in case

18. sublime68charge

The down force kit wont add more weight to the plow just more down force to help you get a better scrape of the surface. Though it will limit the amout of how High you can raise the plow up. Though with the ARM system I would think you'll not lose much of what your max lift was.

just my thought's

sublime out.

19. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

i have double bumper on my foreman like this:

[​IMG]

will the downforce kit still be able to hook behind the fairlead?

20. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

No it will not, I had that bumper on my sportsman 500, what I did was cut the top of the upper down pressure bracket off and welded it to the bumper. But it was all a waste because I hated the down pressue kit any way. The plow only lifted about 4 inches and was no good for stacking snow.