1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this plow a good deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gogetter, Oct 12, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Junior Member
    from PA.

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I looked at the pictures. One thing that would concern me is that he shows no pictures of the front of the plow. Makes me wonder on the condtion of it.

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

The color reminds me of a Northman Plow??? Does it come with an under hood pump assembly?? You have to have room in your engine compartment to fit it if it does. I would want to see it in person before bidding on it...

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

5. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I have bought 2 used plows from Ebay. One I gave too much for with the work I had to do to get it up and going , but it was still way cheaper than a new plow. The other I gave $400.00 and knew what to look for and I bid accordingly.
    See if you can get some pics of the bottom edge of the plow. From the back side of the blade. You want to make sure the bottom edge where the cutting edge bolts isn't ground off. Make sure he has the truck side mount for your truck.
    It looks as it will have electric/hydraulic underhood pump. Possibly a haldex or something along that line. Make sure you will have room in your engine compartment to mount it. It may be 10 x 18 inches or so.
    The sellers feedback may cause a little concern. I usually won't bid on less than 99% feedback but he only had 2 negative feedbacks and they were on high $$ items. The buyer probably had no intentions of winning the auction so they try to weasel out of the transaction.
    If you are confident of your mechanical skills and can do a little fabricating to make it fit I would say bid on it. If not maybe new is the way to go.

Either way you better make a decision on a plow.

Winter is on its way,
    Mark K

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Just by looking at it, I would not even mess with it unless you had a lot of spare time to try and fabricate a mount for it or a lot of money to have it mounted. Some used plows are fine but that one looks like it needs a lot of work. Probably better off to get a new, reliable one. It will eventually pay for itself. :waving: