1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this overpriced?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Mar 7, 2008.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking on upgrading! I have the identical truck in a 1995 thats getting rusty and has 160,000 miles on it.

Is this truck worth what he wants for it? I would obviously sell the Meyer plow with the red one and use the V blade I have (basically switch the plows and sell my truck)

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Got a picture link or info????

3. exmark1

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

looks a little high for a plow truck thats probly been beat on all its life. i would keep the Ford you have now since you know the history and youve probly replaced many of the things that go bad in those trucks.

5. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

i would buy his 99 long before the 96

7. exmark1

The main reason I was looking at it was the aspect then all of our trucks would be red. The 1995 I have now is dark blue and the other 3 trucks are red.
    The 1999 that was posted is a nice truck, but WAY to radically different with the Harley theme for me to put in our work fleet etc...

I have been thinking I should just hold out for a Super Duty before spending that kind of money on a 1996 though

8. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

haha yea i know it was actually and still is at heart an xl work truck lol, but i did all the work my self, but if you just look you can get a decent truck, there was one up here on craig's an 01 f350 7.3 with a plow for like 10 was just back with 130k on it...

9. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Our last truck was a used landscape truck. Worst buy. I will never buy another used plow truck.

10. exmark1

That's kind of what I was thinking too... the last time I bought a used plow truck was the 1995 I have now. We spent ALOT of money fixing everything that wasn't right, but the last 2 winters knock on wood its been great with little to no problems!

11. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

If you look at it in person check the frame and underside for rust. The fact that the original owner was a body shop would make me think it may have been resprayed. 75,000 on a truck with a plow would seem like alot of miles. I think for the money I would not buy it. Having a plow on a used truck makes me stay away because I know how I beat on my trucks.