1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this normal for a v-plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplower1, Jan 31, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I was plowing with my dxt this morning doing some cleanup and noticed that when i go to stack, my wing will start to fold back. i have noticed it before but never gave it much thought until this morning when i realized i have never seen the left wing do this, only the right.

so is it normal that when i stack and have quite a lot of snow being pushed that the wing will start to push back?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pressure relief valve ,something needs to give.

3. Bigtreeguy.

Bigtreeguy. Junior Member

You bet it's normal. The cylinders are designed to give so you don't break something.

4. snowplower1

i had the feeling it was but when i noticed only the right one was doing it i thought either its not supposed to do that or i just tend to put the right side up into the pile more. thanks guys, first v-plow so not used to that kinda thing

5. Bigtreeguy.

How do you like the DXT so far? Ive had a powerV for 12 seasons, I Love it!

6. snowplower1

I absolutely love it! it is the best plow i have ever plowed with. my dad flipped when i told him how much i spent on a plow this year and i told him it will pay off and half way through the year we picked up an old account but we had already filled the place of the account and that was my route but because i bought the plow i ended up with room for it because of that plow. I made him say i was right haha nothing like being right against your old man.

7. snowplower1

i think the only way boss could improve in their lineup is if they made an expandable plow because they are said to be even more productive than a vplow. but i was talking to my dealer about the idea of boss making an expandable and he said while it would be a productive plow that he doesnt think theyll make one because in order to make one affordable it is built crappy. if they designed one the way they should be then it would cost too much

8. Bigtreeguy.

Expandable V would be the tits! I'm getting a new power V to go with my new truck in a couple weeks. I think I will try out the detachable wings. They will be in the way on some accounts, but sure save time on the big lots.

9. snowplower1

i never even thought of a expandable v! that would be crazy. i think there would just be too much into it though. i am hoping next year i can pick up a whole route of medium sized plazas just so i can buy wings. i think it would put my dxt to the max productivity because while it cuts my time almost in a 1/4 on our regular sized small lots, i would be able to do large plazas real nice. i have the 9.2 so i couldnt get wings unless i had big lots. i bearly fit through the atms now!

buy a dxt! it is so worth it. what kinda truck did you get?

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'm running a DXT with Wings, adding Wings is the only way to go IMO and well worth the money.

11. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was using one of our dxt and noticed the right wing would take a second the stop when you release the button when reacting the plow. The fluid was a little low but once I topped it up its has no lag and reacts right away.

This may be part of your issue as well.

12. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Fisher xv2. Problem solved. Lol

13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yep..........

14. snowplower1

lol i only see issues with the guys around here who have fishers. i would never want any plow other than my dxt, that thing is amazing. there was no problem either lol i wasnt sure if something was supposed to do that...

15. OPIWS

OPIWS Junior Member

Yep... Must be a Boss thing.

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

All of the v plows do this.

17. OPIWS

OPIWS Junior Member

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

19. OPIWS

OPIWS Junior Member

20. OPIWS

OPIWS Junior Member

That is the assumption.

All v plows have relief valves. Yes... Do they fold under normal use? No, they don't. No, they shouldn't. What he discribed is normal use fyi.