1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this low balling?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 02powerstroke, Jan 1, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

last two storms I have been flagged down by people (while off the clock for the town) and been asked to do driveways, the like one push in takes me no more than 5 mins kind of driveways and I'm gone. I charged the guy $30 bucks. I dont (troll) for these people but I'm not going to turn down $20 bucks for 5 mins work. Would you guys consider this low balling?

2. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

If your lowballing, then I really am. Around here I charge $25 for 2 car wide 2 car long, no salt.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Nah, 30 to 40 is what I try to get here at the Cape. You are right on.

4. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

Those type of people wouldn't hire someone for every storm anyway so why not get some extra cash from them. I have a couple people here and there that I charge $20-$25 to do their drive.

5. piperpm

piperpm Member

We won't go under $20 min. for residentials around here... $20-$40 range. The way I see it, they'd pay little Johnny down the street with a shovel $20 to clean their driveway...so for a plow push, $20 is a steal...

6. 02powerstroke

well this is good to hear this I did not want to mess up any of the guys that do this for a living around here. I hate drives and would never do more than just a few anyway,

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

What town do you plow in? I have about 30 residential, some in bourne, some in Sandwich and 4 on the mainland side of bridge.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

More power to ya, throw them a card for future storms, each time ya visit him point out some benifits to hiring you full time......eventually he will bite. If not theres lunch, and snacks for a few days......No worries.

9. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

We charge $50-$60 Drive, Walks, Cal & Salt

10. 02powerstroke

that's why I don't want to get into driveways. I'm not shoveling i don't have the equipment to salt. and a 9ft plow isent a good idea on the types of drives we have here.

I plow for the town of harwich

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010