1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is This Justified

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DAZ982500, Dec 27, 2005.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Ihave a couple I plow there druveway for $30 per event.Have plowed twice. Last event was wet follwed by cold.I called her and inquired about returning if she needed cleaned up.2 days later she calls and states that the driveway needs some tending too.I return use 3.5 bags salt at$5 per bag and plow and shovel to cleanup.Anyway I did not talk with them about this situation because I didnt anticipate using salt.The total amount I figure is 3 plowable billing 90+salt($18)=108.She I discuss with thwm or just send bill.I am concerned that they may be angry because of additional fee,(salt).I know this is probably low because I am not making any money on salt.Any thought on this please.Dave.
  2. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

Send them the bill and you need to charge more than that for salting..... Otherwise they will expect it next time..... Salt spreaders arent free to buy...... but to answer your question Id just send them the bill
  3. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Good customer or bad??? Put it on the bill and use your judgement. You don't want to piss them off but let them know how much it would cost. I do $25.00/50# bag applied at time of plowing. Or give them a discounted rate the first time so they know. If you have to go back how far is it out of the way? I also have a spot on all of my invoices it states salt. Qty's just states zero. But then it gives you an oppertunity on all the rest as well....they know you will salt. If you want.....mo money!payup
  4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Try using the spell check, it will make your posts much easier to read... :nod: