1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this guy serious? ( See pic )

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jlouki01, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Is this guy for real? I was picking up my new Fisher Polycaster from the trucking company and I pull up to a light.. There sits this guy?

This is no joke.. found on the internet picture. This guy is really sitting on Union Centre blvd in west chester in front of Bob Evans.

His sign says Snow Removal with a phone number... Times are tough boys:) Personally.. i'd get a laugh out of actually plowing in the suit hahah

IMG00550.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So he's looking for a "snow job" on the street corner?

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I'll bet he gets plenty of residential customers out of that marketing!

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

I'd at least TRY to run 'em over.

5. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I would of stopped and kicked him in his snowballs:nod:

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Scott's thats just not right, but funny as hell!!:D

7. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Hate me if you want but that is some SWEET MARKETING!!!!

8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

To be honest I do not think 1 person took his # down, your average person is not thinking about snow right now. I could be wrong. I think its funny but not good marketing , well maybe if he stands there everyday even when it snows.

9. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

My wife just called me and said she seen another guy across town doing the same thing. Interesting approach but it's unlikely it will score much business.

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

That type of thing could work, Little Ceasars pizza often pulls me in with their dancing sign people.

11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i think it is unique, and therefore worth trying, i don't think that it is going to get commercial customers, but think of all those little old ladies who think that is the most darling thing ever, it may work, but i don't know if i could live with myself doing that........(thats why there are employees)

12. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

He wants a snow BLOW job :p

13. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

those poor guys in the suits are probably his out of work landscape foreman. bet they dress up like trees in the spring

14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

ROFLMAO...classic!:D

15. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

That's it... this is a punishment deal. That guy showed up late this morning to work.:) Jeff lewis on flipping out ( bravo tv show ) makes his assistant wear a bio suit for coming in late to work.

16. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

They get an average of 3 to 5 calls per hour while "Frosty" is out there. They wouldn't say how many they convert to customers though.

17. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I mean it's unique. I have to credit them for doing something out of the ordinary?

18. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

But did they say 1 call was from the police call #2 was from store mang and the others was from people messing with them.

19. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Nows all they need is another guy out there holding a sign saying " Ill beat Frostys price by 30% because I didnt have to rent that dam suit or pay ins"

20. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

jlouki01's did you get the number would love to call him.... HEY SEND ME A PM about your spreader.. thanks Eric......