1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this guy missing something?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SGLC, Jan 26, 2005.

1. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I thought I was mistaken the first time I seen it but I seen the guy driving down the road the other day. Dodge Ram 1500 (new body style) with 20's and what appears to be at least an 8' Fisher Plow on it. Front sag was like an inch and half clearance over the tires and man was the negative camber bad.

Did someone forget to tell this guy something? Anyone here plow this way?

2. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I sure would like to see a picture of a truck set up like that with a plow on it.
    Man that would be funny!!!

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

There are always alot of people that run around with no ballast in their trucks. Either they don't know any better or they think they are too smart for ballast.

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Don't those newer style 1500's come standard from factory with 20's? I sure thought they did.

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Yes they do. 20x9

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Geez, i would not put that size plow on a newer dodge 1500 :eek: , it would not be too much of a problem on the pre 2001 models if you beefed up the front end a little. My plow weighs more then an 8' Fisher and its on a F150, front end does not move.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they really killed those new 1500's cant do much with them

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, infact, they killed all of their trucks except the dakota. Who the hell is going to buy a dodge now.

9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

not all come with the Pimp my Ride wheels

10. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

The thing I laughed at was the fact those 20's only have one tire available which is a summer orientated all season.

11. S&JOutdoor

S&JOutdoor Junior Member
    from KCMO

Just put on a set of Hankooks and you're set! Mine get great traction year round. But I wouldn't think of leaving them on while plowing. 20's bend much easier than the smaller wheels.

12. SCBrown

SCBrown Junior Member

I'm sure one day I will see some Detroit boy with spinners and a plow. :eek:

13. S&JOutdoor

S&JOutdoor Junior Member
    from KCMO

wouldn't suprise me any! I already see several trucks in my area with 22's pulling trailers. There are a lot of major headquarters in KC so needless to say,when daddy makes money, you see it on their kids ride :cool: