1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this good?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Steve G., Feb 14, 2009.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Hey guys, Is this a good salt spreader for light use? It would be used on an ATV for our own facilitys and nothing else. Should I stay far away from it? Or is it a good cheep one:D

I've realized that these things can go for over $1000 and we are barely justifying anything more than $300 for a spreader!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have used buyers for years and they have never let me down. It should work well for your application.Look on craigslist and i am sure you can find a used one. they are always on there. I have a couple that I just keep for backup. but i never need them and I jsut keep on keeping them. I think I should sell them and put the money towards my new truck.
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Ok, I think that's what i'll do, look on craigslist, thanks!
  4. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I've used 2 of them for many years before I went to my Salt Dogg. Now we run just one. The motors will only last about 2 years but they aren't too expensive to replace. Salt will get into the bearings and motor components no matter what u do:mad: I do highly recommend that u get 1 w/ a variable speed controller. That way u can adjust how wide your throwing material and how much. (ours don't have any kind of "gate")