1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this gl coverage ok??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Theshoemaker, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, i got quoted 900 a year for a general liability policy. It's a 2 million gl with a million agg. Meaning a million per occurance, claims not to total 2 mil. My question is, is this a good price??? And would this be ample financial coverage??? I'm located in ohio and i'm small (do a few shopping centers and strip malls).

O and this is just liability for buisness, no autos (different company).

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In general, looks good. Does the policy specify commercial ?

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I've got the 1 mil/ 2 mil... I pay $600 per year...MMG Insurance

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2 million is good ,but you need to see what the property managers want for coverage. And make sure your insurance says "snowplowing"

5. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Thanks again!! Yes the policy specifies commercial snow plowing/hauling, so that end should be ok, i will just need to see if 2mil/1mil is enough coverage for the property company.

6. PeterG

PeterG Member

Who do you go through? I need my insurance quick and am having trouble finding places.

7. LB1234

LB1234 Member

I thing you mean 1 mill per occurance and 2 mil aggregate or 1mil/2mil. not the other way around.

Insurance is funny...I am in jersey and pay close to 7 grand for my gl coverage and inlands marine coverage. I pay an additional 2300 for commericial auto on two trucks with plows and salters for 1 mil coverage. Within my GL is a rider for snow plow coverage that costs about 900. I have 1 mil per occurence and 3 mil agg. You guys are paying for total insurance for basically under what I pay my rider for. so according to me you are getting an unbelievable deal!!