1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this Ford a good buy??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by emilio_basa@hot, Sep 24, 2004.

1. emilio_basa@hot

emilio_basa@hot Junior Member

I'm thinking of buying a 1996 Ford 350xlt over the weekend. It has 30,000 original miles (I checked it out on carfax and it's legit). Already comes with a snow plow and has only had 1 owner. It's going for $15,000.

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I dont know about the price but usually you dont want to buy a truck with a plow on it already unless he did it just last season or so.

3. 2wheelrider

2wheelrider Junior Member
    from NJ

The price does seem high. Even though the miles are low, which is good and bad. The low miles means the truck did alot of sitting. The best vehicles are used on a regular basis. Not used hard but used regularly. This truck may be hard to find in your area so it may be a good deal. Here in NJ I have seen this available for 8-$9000 with 70 - 90,000 miles. Just some things to think about as you make your decision. Good Luck and happy truck buying...

4. nycplow

nycplow Junior Member
    from nyc

It could have only 30k on it because he is only using it every winter to plow with ...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Don't get attached to it emotionally. I know the temptation of bright shiny things. But the best deals are made on things that you can walk away from. I would take the best 2 reasons not to buy the truck and just tell the owner that those are the reasons the truck is only worth "x" to you. Here is a good one:

I called my bank, and they will only lend me 9K on a 1996 truck, so that is all I can offer.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that truck is worth between 12 and 13 k max its almost 10 years old