1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this bad for my plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JRG12, Dec 16, 2005.

1. JRG12

JRG12 Junior Member
    from 48076

Im brand new to plowing and have only had 2 days of work to try to figure out the do's and don'ts. My question to you is, at the end of a push when Im stacking a pile is it ok to lift my blade, that is loaded with snow, up onto pile?

I have a new 7'6" supper duty and it sounds like the plow motor/pump is straining when I do this. Any help is appreciated?
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I had a Boss 8ft Superduty for 6 years. I used it hard,pushing into piles and lifting at the same time. Also angling blade back to straight position at row ends with the plow loaded. I never had a pump or motor failure.
  3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

yea your doing fine

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Go for it. Those plows are made strong as all get out for a reason. To take all the abuse you can dish out.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thats how you stack snow.:waving: you will get the hang of it. IT will come to you with some practice. As you approach the pile start to raise the blade and run it right up the pile. Just be careful as every one who has plowed will tell you, your going to get stuck on top of a pile sooner or later, just keep a shovel in the back...:D
  6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

What SnoFarmer really means is...you're going to get stuck on top of a pile sooner AND later.:nod:

Hey Farmer, how much did you get over there? We got 3 Wed. night and 1 last night.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Around Forest Lake we've got about 8-9ish" from Tuesday until Friday.

My pump on my new "V" dropped 1/2 way through the route on Thursday morning, so not everything got done before they opened Thursday, so Thursday night was spent driving around cleaning everything up again.

Thursday / Friday we got just enough flurries / snow to keep the salt from working the greatest, so I ended up scraping some lots again tonight.

I really gotta get some sleep...... :sleeping:

I heard Two Harbors got 16" though??? :eek:
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hey, buck,
    Just got Back from plowing- clean up.
    we got 15 inches on Thr, then 6 more Fri. 21 total.
    Is it getting Windy there? The temp here has dropped to -.9
    We have some lake effect flurries now.
  9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Dang! I heard you got blasted fairly well, but didn't know it was going to get that cold for you. We stayed above 0 last night, but looks like it may dip below the next few nights. No wind here at all, in fact it's a beautiful day, snow in the trees, sun is bright as can be, fresh snow on the ground. Need to fire up my snowmobile after I cut some wood!!!:redbounce

Maybe I'll take a couple pics and post em.

10. 24" just outside thunder bay ont

Wednesday nite and Thursday heavy snow