1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this any good?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pcs, Feb 24, 2002.

1. pcs

pcs Senior Member

Is a 1982 bobcat 742 any good for plowing?

What do you think it's worth?
    It is good shape comes with 2 buckets 3100 hrs.

2. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

Well... if I am correct a 742 is gas??? Personally I wouldn't touch it (too old and too small).. but your business and circumstances may be different... I will tell you that it might make a decent little snow machine for you.. good for loading salt, moving small piles etc. What its worth... I would not pay more than $3000-$4000. for it depending on what shape its in... You can get a early 90's 750 series for around $5000-7000 with about 3000 hrs on them... just keep that in mind. Go to www.machinerytrader.com and look at all the Bobcats that are for sale and you'll see what the going rates are on the machines.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

even #'s on the bobcats are gas odd diesel ,I personaly would not touch a gas unit.The diesel much better for running all day 742 is a bit small but not that bad for small work look in the trader .