1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this a good truck to buy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SnowMan87, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SnowMan87

SnowMan87 Junior Member

hey guys im looking to start my own landscape and snowplow buissness. my boss has a 1995 f350 7.3 turbo diesel but around the fenders on both sides of the truck have rust and a little rust on this hood it has 195000 miles on it and it is his back up plow and mulch truck. also comes with an older western 7 1/2 plow and hes asking 4000 for it. is that to much are fords dieles good with high milage?....
    ps i would use this truck for about 2 seasons if that any ideas if its a good idea to go with it or look for a newer truck? thanks :drinkup:

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

for 4 G its probably a solid truck that can get you into the biz. Yes ford 7.3's are VERY good for high mileage, and with only a 7.5 on it,,,it probably didnt get worked that hard.

However,, There are probablys, in there. Give the truck a very good look over, whats your budget? Because things like brakes, ball joints, tires will eat up all your money fast. You want the truck to be fully serviced and ready to go for snow season.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the truck isn't all rusted frame,brake lines, etc

4. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Like they said look it over mechanically. My truck is a '93 F250 and i have 138,xxx on the OD. I have a non turbo but its the 7.3 I plan on making it to at least 500,000 miles. The only draw back I see is the 7'5" blade. I have an 8' on mine and wish I had a bigger blade. Also are you doing more commercial or residential?. Then you need to take into concatenation the length of the truck.