1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this a good small business plow truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by miked9372, Oct 16, 2010.

1. miked9372

miked9372 Member
    from MN

do you think this would be a good plow truck just for a very small business

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If it's in reasonably good condition - Yes.

3. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

#1 truck on this forum

:salute::salute::salute:

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I have the same truck only a 2000. Its been great to me. Sturdy, comfy and reliable. Make sure you check the rocker panels carefully as they tend to rot from the inside out...I think the lack of front mud flaps lets moisture and dirt in there over time and it slowly eats the steel away...mine is this way and I've seen dozens like it...always 99-02 extended cabs, they start at the back of the rockers and it moves forward.

Front end of mine is on the soft side, you may want to add some sumos or timbrens to it to beef up the stops, other than that...good tires, good ballast and good maintenance and you've got a great truck for the next 10 years.

5. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Can't go wrong with a chevy truck!

6. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

plz..beware ...

fyi...beware ..these year truck are prone to rust-rot at the rear rear leaf spring hangers and rear upper shock mounts also....someone is now selling new steel replacement rear rear upper shock mounts for these model years on the bay,.

7. matzke3

matzke3 Member

Good truck. They like fuel though. Remember miles and driver are everything.

8. PeterG

PeterG Member

Thats the exact truck I have. Same year and all.