1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good price

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mass1589, Nov 19, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Heyy guys i found this sander on craigslist. Its only about 50 minutes from me. It is a flink vbox spreader for chevy 3500 guy ses the gas motor just needs freah gas and mew sparkplugs... Just basic stuff. He is asking 500... Needs new paint looks like it is in decent shape. Ive nevet herd of flink an mever owned a sander. I want to add more equipment to my arsenal and would like your thoughts on this!

Thanks

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I would be cautious. Sounds like it doesn't start. If I were selling it for $3500, I'd take the time to get it in running condition. If you want to take a chance on it, give him $2800 the way it sits. The engine could be toast.

3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

No my chevy is a 3500 he is asking 500

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's for a 3500 truck not costs $3500. If its only $500 go for it. It doesn't take much to tune up one of those engines

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Flink is a good brand, they are built about 1/2 hour from me. Flink was my first v box I bought.

6. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

The bottom has some surface rust .... I was jus worried if the chain is expensive

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

I may go with 400 cash and see if he takes it... He sed or best offer and noone els called on it. For 400 i fogure i can make that in 1 storm...

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

My bad. Sorry. Deffantly agree on the 400.

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

last time I bought a chain it was in the 400.00 range

11. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Yep thats it.... What do u guys think??

12. quigleysiding

13. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

I talked to that guy..... Asked for a couple more pics before i drove up with cash. He replied back your not gonna waste my time with pics, for this price you get what u see!

Im all set with dealing with poeple like that.... Haha

14. quigleysiding

Yeah for that price I wouldn't" bother sending pics either, I talked to him too he said that he just bought new ones and wants to get rid of them. He said that they weren"t too rusty for old machines. I was thinking about getting one for a back up. But after last year I think I will just go with what I got for now. The newer one is probably a real good deal. If you change your mind I have extra controllers

15. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Reallly what controls do u got?

16. quigleysiding

Myers sander controls . Just a box with the switches.and wires that go to the sander. The two he has for 350 don't have the controls for the truck

17. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Ok great ill let you kno ....

18. Jim74

Jim74 Member

Just so you know that add was up for a grand last year so if its been sitting in the same spot it might be a nightmare to free everything up.I don't see the spinner on it which is a good thing so that's not frozen up. I have the same exact Flink and I do like it but I did buy mine used and it nickel and dimed me for a year. The clutch and spinner chains aren't that much and you should keep two extras in your truck, the conveyor on the other hand is expensive but it's not terrible to change. Dyar sales in reading isn't a Flink dealer anymore but still have lots of parts and Donovan equipment in New Hampshire is now a dealer but don't have lots of parts in stock yet. Going used and being steel at that isn't the best way to go, speaking from experience, I thought I'd be able to use it one year and go new but four years later I've put quite a bit of money and time into it that I feel committed. Worst case scenario you might put a grand to 1200 into it so if you got it for four hundred your not doing to bad, BUT it is steel so no matter how many times you wash it out it does start to look worse. Anyways you can contact me if you'd like and I might be able to tell you a couple things to look for.

19. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

ok update guys!!

im going to pick up the flink sander on tuesday. we talked and i was just not that sure on buying ti with it needing work. so the owner took some time and got it up and running. he said all he ahd to do was change the spark plug, filter, and pour in fresh fuel. the controls all work fine and the sander runs great. this is all spoken over the phone, when i get there and see it in person ill know for sure myself.

he also told me he put a new chain on it two years ago. last year we had no snow soo in theory it only has one year on it!!

ill update again on tuesday and let you all know what happens!!
    im thinking for 400 bucks i should have no problem making money right away!

20. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Bought it!! This thing is beefy very well built! The briggs and stratton motor is stron and starts over smooth! I figure for 400 it will male money right out the gate.

Im gonna go buy a gallon of CAT yellow paint. The lights all work, and belt has plenty of life left.
    Ill post pocs tomoro in the light.