1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good price for a truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fordzilla, Nov 17, 2010.

1. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

take a look. after i sell my ranger i hope to get this truck. is this an ok price? i dont have any experience with arctic plows. but apparently it has a new pump last year. its got a 350/auto. only a half ton but it will only be used for my driveway and maybe a few neighbours.
    thanks

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classifieds/Automotive/Trucks/GMC/517827

2. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

not a good price for me

3. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Doesn't look bad. I just paid 2000 for the same truck with 4.3 v6 and meyers 7.5 ST plow Truck needed brake lines rotors, calipers, exhaust. But still was a good deal for Long Island prices.

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Too much. Looks pretty cobbledup.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Its a beat up, 8 year old truck. $2500 seems steep, but for all we know its mechanically perfect and had 50k miles. I would question how many years you could get it through a state inspection without major work.

6. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

My only concern would be the frame and the front IFS. If both good Id say its a decent deal. At least around here its hard to find decent trucks. Cant see how much rust is on there though.

7. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

well she only needs a handbrake cable for inspection and around here we only have to get it inspected once then your good to go for ever until you transfer it to someone else. around here trucks with plows on them at that age usually go from 3-4k+
    but it doesnt really matter now anyways, the buyer back out on my truck so i guess ill keep her and put a plow on it instead of using the bike all winter for peoples driveways