1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good Price for a Bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by profire73, Nov 16, 2006.

1. profire73

profire73 Member

I am looking at purchasing another plow truck but unsure if this is a good investment. Here are the specifics:

It is a 1991 Ford full size Bronco (Eddie Bower Edition) The truck is in mint condition with no rust what-so-ever, and the interior is the same way. It has brand new tires and the motor and trans have 31,000 miles on it from Jasper. The truck itself has 147,000. There is nothing on the truck that does not work. It has new paint. The motor is the 302, not happy about that. It has the bags installed in the front springs for the plow load also.

The plow is a 7.5' meyers and it appears to be the newer style where the tube frame and lights can be removed in the summer. The only thing is that it has the E47 pump and not the E60. The blade is in decent shpe and will need a new cutting edge.

The only thing wrong that I can see is that the crossover pipe that runs down into the Cat. needs re-welded.

They are asking $4,500 or best offer and when I talked to there guy he made sure I understood that it was not firm.

I have not plowed with a bronco before but have many Full size blazers and I do like the way they handle for plowing. Any insite would be great before I make an offer.

Thanks for all of your time.

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy has a 94 full size blazer we put a plow on last year with 117k miles hes selling for $4200

3. profire73

profire73 Member

If he was a liitle closer I would probably be interested in that but the snow is getting ready to fly and my options are limited at this point. I guess the Bronco price range is about right compared to his Blazer.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i didnt think youd come out here just trying to give you somethign to compare it too

5. profire73

profire73 Member

Thanks, it is appriciated:salute:

6. profire73

profire73 Member

Any other input before I buy??? I got him down to $3,800.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i dont know how else to say this.....BUY IT. broncos have agreat turning radius on them for plowing perfect for tight spots but fine for large areas also. thats a heck of a deal i wouldnt pass it up.

8. profire73

profire73 Member

Good, because I am the proud owner of it now. Thanks for the reassurance.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Get some pics up of it. Congrats!

10. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Plowed with an 84 Bronco on 1.5 miles of tough gravel road with a Western 7 ft for 15 years.

A few tips-

Cut the CAT CONVERTER out if you do not need to go hwy.
    Put Timbrens or some other overload system up front.
    Run dual batts - 800 CCA each or better on isolator. Cable to pump motor 4 gauge or better from nearest batt.
    Upgrade ALT to 100 AMP if posible.

The short wheelbase of the Bronco makes an excellent plowing machine. Minimizes the need for ballast, but chains and tool box behind rear seat helps. The weak front end and electrical system can be overcome. The frame WILL break near the plow mount. Watch for this and weld plates in when it happens.

Throw a high and long plume!

11. profire73

profire73 Member

Thanks for all the help and advise. The Bronco does have bags installed in the front springs already but I konw I will have to upgrade most of the things that you suggested.

Is there a suggestion for bypassing the crossover pipe that goes into the coverter?

I will get some pics up tomorrow if I can figure out how.

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Walker has parts available for the job. You just have to go to multiple places to find them!
    Don't even think of going to a FORD Stealer. They will tell you they are unavailable!

13. profire73

profire73 Member

Ya, I kinda figured that plus I can just imagine the prices!