1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this a good looking price structure for snow blowing?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by spokanesnow, Nov 3, 2010.

1. spokanesnow

spokanesnow Junior Member

2"-6"- two car garage w/ walk= $25
    6+ two car garage w/ walk= $30

2"-6" three car garage w/ walk= $30
    6+ three car garage w/ walk= $35
    I anticipate about twenty minutes a house w/ average of five min travel per lawn.
    I have twenty new accounts in a 2 mile radius so drive time is limited. I dont have any equipment yet just researching brands and sizes. leaning toward a Arien's 36" OR a Toro 28" any help on equipment selection would be nice!

We are expecting a big snow season here. We got 2"+ snow one time last year. but the year before it was around 30 days of 2"+.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I use a Ariens 1332 pro. Very nice machine with plenty of power.

3. spokanesnow

spokanesnow Junior Member

what did you pay for it? i have a buddy selling 2- 4 yr old arien's one is a ST1236 and the other is a ST 824 .I offered him $1500 for both yesterday. just waiting to hear back.

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

This will help your confidence in bidding

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package
    Includes:
    #1 Snow & Ice Management Manual – this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who’s first, proposal formats, don’t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD – calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.

5. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

Hi there, I only use snow blowers right now, last year I had 20 accounts and i used 2-28"troybilts they worked great all winter long and we only spent about 10mins on average size drives and walkways 2wide by 3long. your pricing sounds fare for around my area but again I live in Michigan, but might want to get some others advice that is from your area. good luck this year and keep in touch.

POWER STROKE