1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by BRAAAP, Mar 17, 2008.

1. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

I'm going to get a 760SW for my 02 dodge 1/2ton called a guy today and he said 3300.00 cash and carry and the blade is put together. Is this a good deal ? Thanks

2. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Well I don't know how good of deal you got, but I just bought a new 860SW for $4700.00 Installed 2 year warranty. Did that come with a mount and everything or just the blade? Good Luck with it payup

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I was thinking that the Blizzards only came with a one year warranty. I got quoted $5200 for an 860 installed. Called another dealer and he has a "demo" 860 that he would install for $4000. Might go that route.

4. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks guys the price doesn't sound to far off so im going to call today and tell him ill take it:bluebounc And the fact i called two other shops two of witch did not have one and the other would not do cash and carry and wanted 4300.00 installed:dizzy: seemed a little high and it was 3hr away.

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Powermatch program on Blizzards' sight does'nt recomend that plow for that truck, only the 760 LT. I think the pushbeam is different, if I remember correctly. I think the front GVW is only 3900 on that truck.

6. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Ya i looked at the also and the guy said it no problem. like you said they dont recomend it but it can be done. Its funny that they say no but you can put a fisher 7'6" RD that #630:dizzy: with out push plates. i was going with the Boss std that #573 but by the time it put pro wings on it in over the 760 wight. we will see what happens. Thanks for taking the time double checking and looking it up :waving:

7. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I dont know for sure if Blizzard is offering a two year warranty now, but my dealer will give me a two year warranty on any new Blizzard bought from now on. Sounds like a great deal!!