1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jto89, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Jto89

Jto89 Member

i just test drove a 2004 f250 6.0 diesel it had just one owner and he put 29,000 miles on it. The truck is absolutly spotless inside. all black leather with a carbon fiber dash. Volant cold air intake 4" bully dog exhaust. the are asking $27,999 for it. I tride to talk them down but they didn't move to much on it. what do you guys think?

2. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i'd say thats pretty good. i bought my 05 6.0L 350 Dually crew cab for 26,000 and it had about 100,000 mi.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I don't know...I bought my 2500hd 04...new and only paid 28.9.

I just bought a 99 350 dually for 14...

hope this helps.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

did you check kbb or nada? personally i would not buy anything with all the aftermarket parts on it (chip, intake or exhaust). just IMO it means that they didn't have enough HP for pulling a very heavy load and have to add parts or some highschool kid had it and put the parts on it for hotroding and show boating around.

5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Is it at a dealer? If you can, Get the Vin# and have Ford run a OASIS report and find out what has been done under warranty. These trucks can have some serious engine issues with the added power of a tuner or someone who has been really hard on the truck. THe exhause and intake lead me to believe it had some kind of power adder installed.

6. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

guys, just because it has an exhaust, intake, and chip on already, it doesn't mean it didn't have enough power. It just got to its power quicker and more efficiently now. The chip ACTUALLY improves fuel mileage as well as adds power. he didn't specify what type chip it was but most chips have 3 different settings. a low hp increase...around 50 hp, med. increase about 75 - 90 hp, and a high setting about 120 hp. i'm assuming its an automatic and hasn't had anything done to the tranny, so for towing he could only use the low hp setting. which means he didn't get a lot more power, BUT he gained a lot more fuel effeciency...i'd say somewhere around 5 - 10 mpg. the intake and exhaust are common upgrades to LOWER EGT's and also with a bigger exhaust it allows the turbo to spool up faster so that he could get to the power of the truck easier.

IMO i would probably be more interested in the truck that already had these upgrades on it as it would save me a bout $1200 down the road.

7. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I agree on having the oasis report run. If the dealer wont do it post up the VIN# on www.dieselgarage.com and they will run it for you..Sounds like a fair price, these powerstrokes are holding their value very well by me...

8. Jto89

Jto89 Member

first off thanks for the advice. i went back to the dealer today. we talk about the price and they still wont go down on it and the monthly payments are going to be around $600. i am going to think about it i might just keep the truck i have know and pay it off a little more and then look for a new one in a couple of months.

9. droptine

droptine Member

Yes that is a GOOD price. Be sure you understand the past issues with the 6.0 P/S diesel, before you jump on it.

10. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Jto89, didn't you just get the truck you currently have? If so, what makes you so eger to change so soon? Just curious! ('cause i like your current rig!)

-Mike

11. Jto89

Jto89 Member

Yes tractor i did but the gas is really killing me. I drive between 90 and 100 miles a day so the $70 dollar fill ups every 3 to 4 days are really starting to get to me. I would like a diesel and this on just kinda fell into my lap. I was at the dealership not even looking and when i was driving out it caught my eye. but i think I'm going to stay with my current rig for now and pay off some more of the loan i have on it as i just put a K,N cold air intake into it and it seemed to help today so we will see in the upcoming weeks.

12. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

I got my 2004 F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 with 13,000 mi on it loaded with leather and a line-x bedliner almost 2 years ago for 29,900.