1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sneaky_pete000, Sep 6, 2006.

1. sneaky_pete000

sneaky_pete000 Junior Member
    from VT

I came across this add a few days ago...

"3 year old Complete Meyer's 7.5' 4 way Light weight Poly PLow, Includes Saber Lighting system with modules and harness, touch pad control and all the wiring, also includes Chevy frame mount. This plow is ideal for a 1/2 ton truck or full size SUV, can also be used on a 3/4 ton as well.

This plow is in excellent condition, residential use only!

$1900 with frame mount, $1800 with out"

Since I would be putting it on a 1/2 ton Dodge, I'd probably add Timbrens, along with the adapters I'd need to make this fit on my truck.

When you consider the cost of the plow, the timbrens, and all else that I'd need, is this a good deal?

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds a little expensive. I just sold my 1 year old Blizzard for $2000.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

a new st 7.5 will run apx $3200-3400 with mounting carton to fit your truck???? the mounting carton alone will cost $520. i'd buy new if i were you.

4. sneaky_pete000

sneaky_pete000 Junior Member
    from VT

Yeah, good point. Maybe I'll just lowball him, and see if he takes. Maybe I'll offer $1000, and if he takes it, assume it will cost me $500 for the rest of the equipment to make it work on my truck...does that sound decent?

How much are a set of Timbrens?

5. Robbie Rooster

Robbie Rooster Member

$1700.00 would be a good deal if everything would mount right up to your truck. Look for a different plow unless you can get it real cheap. Timbrens will run between 150-190 if you install them yourself.

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Before I consider selling for a grand I'll break it up on E-bay and get nearly two grand in parts!

This plow is not a commercially used beater, its a nice clean plow and it is complete! just not for a Dodge. In November it will bring more money all day long

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Where in Central MA are you Nascar24? Going to Louden this weekend? Sorry for the hijacked thread.

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I'm just south of Worcester, I'm not able to go to Loudon this weekend, I played around too much this summer and now I got a ton of work to catch up on.

Have you gotten your fisher plow yet? if you haven't I have one, give me a call 508 753 6617

Jay

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  9. 2003Ranger

2003Ranger Junior Member

Sounds expensive to me, there are plows going for $1500 all day long, but then again it depends on what kind of shape that plow is in, if its showroom then it maybe woth the extra $

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You Tell Me?

check out the photo's and you tell me if it's not in very good condition
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Headlamp that appears cloudy is not, it's just dust and needs to be cleaned, the pump is in the process of being cleaned and repainted, ( fluid is from the mount being stored improperly and leaked out the vent) , waiting for the new decal, the pump was tested out and works just fine. This plow assembly is complete! all the wiring, all the pins, touch pad control is also included, this is not a piece meal sale where you have to buy the small but expensive items.

11. DeereFarmer

I haven't gotten one yet because of a shortage of cash.:gunsfiring:

12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I Have a 7.5' MM1 it's out being sandblasted and painted as I write this post.

It comes with brand new Insta -Act pump,hoses, cylinders and lights, all new pins, the blade is also getting new pins, cutting edge and trip spring hardware. This will be a completely rebuilt Plow Side assembly, as well as the used module and harnesses for a 1999-2003 Ford Super Duty, no controller or frame mounts $2300 for a like new MM1, Pictures to be posted when the rebuild is complete

Jay

13. DeereFarmer

Sounds nice, but a 7.5 would be too small for what I would need. I would like to see the pics when it is done tho.

14. go plow

go plow Senior Member

first off the meyer poly plow is heavy, i bought a meyer stl 7.5 steel mold board and at the time i had a poly side by side and the steel was lighter then the poly, the dealer told me that seeing its poly they have to reinforce it more.... second thing, if the plow is so nice, why is the pump trashed????? looks like the block was removed/ sand blasted, i ran my meyer for 5 years and it never looked like that, maybe had a few paint chips but not that bad!!!

15. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Go Plow

The reason why the pump paint is "Trashed" is because of the vinyl diaper that was installed, ice and dirt get's trapped very easily and rubs the paint off of it, and as far as the weight, I'm not going to debate that with you or your plow dealer, all as I can say after seeing a three year old poly plow vs a POS powder coated steel plow I'd rather have the Poly plow! I guess it's "Different strokes for different Folks"

Hey if your not interested in the plow, that's fine I'm ok with that, but who ever gets this one will be getting a COMPLETE and very clean and very solid plow, otherwise I'll just piece it out on E-Bay and get more than the asking price.

16. go plow

go plow Senior Member

lets put it this way, i wish i still had my meyer plow, i loved that thing, im not saying that your plow is junk, im just saying that everything looks like new and the pump is trashed(meaning looks old and used) is all... i never installed the pump cover on mine because it was a pain in the sss.